Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mt. Talamitam Nasugbu, Batangas

I was so grateful to discover that there is a mountaineering org in my school- the Achian Society. Not only will it provide regular adventure trips that I could go to but also I could meet people who share the same interests as me.

My first trip with the org was supposed to be a trip to Majayjay Falls in Laguna but plans changed due to the weather so Kuya Japs (our leader) decided that we trek the Mt. Talamitam in Batangas. I was like "How am I supposed to trek with slippery shoes and 2 huge shoulder bags???" I had no choice but to trek in that condition, together with my other unprepared folks.

The trip was 2 hours away from Manila to Batangas.
We reached our destination. I was so curious about what was gonna happen to the climb, how dangerous (or not) the mountain is, and how's it gonna end up. 

This is the base camp, where we get ready for our trek and meet our tour guide. We paid 20 pesos each for the entrance. :)
Baby Maan on her first mountain to conquer!

At the first part of the trek, we reached a hanging bridge. It's a bit scary because it seemed like the bamboos were fragile and would break any moment but as it ended up, it didn't. 
Conquering my fear of heights. WOOT!




Talamitam is a mountain that had a more glorious past. It was named after the talamitam trees that used to grow on its slopes – a reminder of the time when Talamitam had lush vegetation and untarnished ecosystems. Right now, kaingin and irresponsible garbage disposal have obliterated this serenity. As if to testify to the mountain's woes, the statue of the Virgin Mary - which has been described as "the guardian of Nasugbu" - has been literally decapitated. Although the statue has since been restored, it was not a welcome sight at the summit. (source: Pinoy Mountaineer)
We've passed through different animals. There were horses, carabaos and cows.
Half-way through the mountain. 
I was having a hard time climbing because as I said earlier, I was carrying 2 shoulder bags and my feet hurt! My shoes are slippery that it broke while we trek back from the mountain. 
WHAT A MAGNIFICENT SIGHT!


Here's a glimpse of the serene beauty of the mountain. The wind is really speaking to my soul. I swear. :')

Konti na lang!! 
It was dark when we finally reached the summit. We were so exhausted but the feeling is incredible. It was my first time to camp at the top of the mountain.
With my "tent-mates". It was really windy and our tent almost broke off in the middle of our sleep. We were so cold but it's definitely worth it.
Weee! How cute are these tents! :) Ahhh. I could still hear the wind up 'till now. 


I am at the summit of Mt. Talamitam so that mountain at my background is a neighbor mountain. GOSH. This is really fulfilling. This experience will certainly feed your soul. 
LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. It felt like I was with the Gods, very close to the heavens. Pure bliss.

At around 8 am, we trekked back and it was easier than going up. We stopped at the river and bathed there. FUN! :D

It was a very unforgettable experience.

HOW TO GET THERE:
Mt. Talamitan is a minor climb and can easily be reached by bus from manila, just board a bus bound to nasugbu batangas (ex. CROW bus in Edsa, Pasay city). Fare is at about 130 pesos (2007).
Mt. talamitan is officially located at Brangay Kayrilao, Nasugbo Batangas. But the jump off point is located sitio bayabasan, barangay Aga, Nasugbu Batangas. Tell the conductor you will alight at barangay Aga, sampalok intersection (kanto) (they call the intersection sampalok because of the sampalok tree that used to stand there but was cut down my typhoon Milenyo last 2006). (source: Waypoints)

Pack your bags now! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment