Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fully Booked for 5 days.

After Pinatubo, I told myself that I would be staying home the entire time until the school starts on June 6 and will never go out. Although I still sneak and go to Ayala and High Street, most of the time, I'm home pigging out and indulging on books and flicks. (Well, not really.)
Everyday for 5 days I read 1 book. Yezzz. Kinda exhausting but at least my brain is working. I really love books because they're the cheapest tickets to get to different parts of the world (thanks to book-borrowing, nbs, fully booked and of course, book sale!).
I'm gonna do book reviews of what I've read for 5 days.


WEDNESDAY - May 25
Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert T. Kiyosaki


photo from here.
This book is a must-read for everyone. Most of us, especially Filipino adults, are financially illiterate and we didn't know that this ignorance regarding financial setting is what's making us poor. Robert Kiyosaki is a genius for putting up such concept of a rich dad and a poor dad because he had clearly stated the difference between the way of thinking of the wealthy and the broke. It was surprisingly not boring and the details was clearly put making it so easy to digest. You will be amazed with the points that you are going to encounter because you will discover a lot of realizations like, some of the things you believed in that would make you rich would actually make you poor, and vice versa, and a lot more.. 

THURSDAY - May 26
The Naked Face - Sidney Sheldon
photo from here.
Ok. Another Sidney Sheldon creation. I'm in love with him na talaga. This book is about a psychoanalyst named Judd Stevens who knew personally 2 people that has been murdered subsequently. He was uncertain of whether he was going to be murdered next or was just a paranoiac. I love this book! It was so fast-paced and I was clueless of what could unfold in the next pages i'm about to read. Sidney Sheldon FTW!

FRIDAY - May 27
Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
photo from here.
This is like the best success book I've ever read. (It might be one because it was an international best-seller and a lot of millionaires have read it.) It was written by Napoleon Hill, who at the early age of 17, started this mission to know what the secret to being wealthy is. He talked to more than 500 millionaires during his time and this book is the compilation of the most important points of his interviews. Sobrang galing lang ni Napoleon. You could also learn a lot of formulas (Yes. Getting rich requires certain formulas) on how to be successful not only financially but in all other aspects in life.  Pero you have to read it over and over again. I have to warn you there are a lot of humdrum parts but I advice you to disregard that boredom and slap your face just for the sake of being rich. If I became rich in the future, this book is the one to blame. I love this book!

SATURDAY - May 28
Ang mga Kaibigan ni Mama Susan - Bob Ong
photo from here.
This is the latest book by Bob Ong as of now. Don't read it alone 'coz IT'S CREEPY especially on the latter parts. Hindi ko magets ung ibang parts but I like it. :) I love how it gives auto-suggestions through a journal of a 16-year-old boy named Gilberto "Galo" Manansala. Some might not appreciate this book by Bob because it's not his usual kind of work. Although some parts are still humorous, some people might think that this book has nothing to offer and is plain. But what I saw beyond the simple journal of Gilberto are the different lessons it was trying to show us. Bob was comparing the lifestyle of the people in the past to what it's like in the present. That children way back his time, they were simply playing the traditional mataya-taya, patintero, luksong baka and the likes, unlike now, they would probably be sprawling at their couches watching nickelodeon while eating junks. And how Gilberto's lola tried to explain to him a lot about simple living, how people manage to use energy to create toxic and rubbish and a lot more metaphors. Para siyang guilt book for sinners.

SUNDAY - May 29
Master Key System - Charles Haanel
photo from here.
This is the book that John Calub said he bought for $5 million, and I bought it for like, 400. I'm the man! :) Well, this is a book that you need to focus very much on coz it's so hard to digest. I have to say that this is really boring but I still have to say that this is very substantial. You could learn a lot of principles on how to achieve success. I swear i'm going to read this over and over again until I fully understand everything.

You might notice na 3 out of these 5 books, puro about success sya. These are the latest books kasi I've bought and I really want to be a multi-millionaire. Maybe in some of my next blog posts, i'll share some things that I've learned sa mga nabasa ko. 

Also, these music linger in my head throughout the week

Yes. I want to learn this song, sing it in french, kahit na magmumukha kong nagoorasyon. :) This is from 500 days of summer. Learned it from neng.

One of the songs of the latest album of Maroon 5. This is stuck in my head until now. Why are they so ledge? O_O
Did I mention I am the number 1 fan of Parokya ni Edgar? :)

You have to listen to this guy. His name is Tyler Ward and he's amaziiiiing. <3 Check out his channel.

<3 The Weeknd

I will share to you my all-time favorite song. I don't know why, but every single time I listen to this song, I feel... happy. The melody, lyrics and the voice of Mario when combined, seems magical <3  Hehe. (Ito na yung pinakamatinong audio na nahanap ko sa Youtube. Don't mind the video.)


Lalalalalalalala... la lang. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog, it's so helpful to people like me who are bored and had nothing to do this summer,I will definitely listen to the songs you posted and maybe i'll even go to bookstores just to kill time and to explore the world of fictions and narratives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee thanks! :) I'm so happy to be able to help people. I would love to help you even more through my next blog posts! Thanks for viewing my blog. :D
    And always try to visit books sales. They're literature heaven. :)

    ReplyDelete