Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Build up that mind muscle!

The past two years, I had no idea I actually am building up the muscles on my brain. I have a great hold of my thoughts and I have been being blessed because of it. :) Thanks be to God.

We have to take care of our thoughts. It is what makes our lives. Here are some of the things I do to keep my mind healthy and pretty! 

1. G.I. G.O. Garbage in, garbage out. 
We have to be careful about what we intake. I recommend we stop watching the news, start reading books that will inspire us and keep us imagining. It's a healthy exercise. Keep listening to happy songs!! This is an easy way to leave the negative world and go to that wonderful happy alternate universe! God bless the people who invented eBooks and YouTube! So, replace garbage in garbage out, with greatness in greatness out.

2. Be grateful with everything. 
Saying thanks will make God feel appreciated (yes, he does haha). That way he wants to give more. Gratitude attracts more blessings also. Everything happens for a reason. Everything, even pain and suffering, is a good thing. 
"From struggle comes strength. Even pain can be a wonderful teacher. To transcend pain, you must first experience it. Or to put it another way, how can you really know the joy of the summit unless you have first visited the lowest valley? To savor the good, one must know the bad." - The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, Robin Sharma

3. Exercise! 
This is the easiest thing to help you shift your mind to good. It's good to jog to a beautiful park, but you can also download videos that is fun and feels just like play. I recommend only the gym if you are with a friend, so it would motivate you to go everytime. 

4. Pray. Make God your best friend.
Thank Him for every blessing, even the small ones, and keep asking for wishes. He'd grant it! God is a genie. Say your daily affirmations upon waking up and before going to bed. Download MyThoughts from app store, where they create great positive daily reminders.

5. Stay away from negative people as long as possible. 
If they're everywhere, keep your earphones on. LOL haha. Or it's a better practice if you influence them to be positive :)

6. Be with happy people and people who share the same interests. 
It's just fun!

7. Meditate. 
Download Headspace at the app store to guide you in your daily meditation. This is my favorite! I like getting high you know! LOL. 

8. Always think of the bright side. 
Everything that is happening always have a good side to it. ALL. THE. TIME. It's hard at first but soon it will be automatic. Exercise your brain to do it. Build up the muscle so it will be easier to do it. Make the habit!

9. Keep writing.
I don't really care if you're not a writer. Just write. Write about the what you are feeling, so you don't have to express it to some other people. Don't be a burden. It's okay to release stress to your closest friends but it's better to write it down, and just leave it to God, and be happy

10. Don't blame, don't complain, don't justify. 
Do it and see the magic it would do. :) 

Last but not least...

11. Be patient. It's not overnight to build up a muscle, hey. Just keep doing it, persevere and you'll see results in at least within a month. 



These are just some of the things I do. :) I am just so happy right now. I hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment